1. No time or money for a pedicure? No problem. Just use a foot file to file your heels after bathing or showering. Then apply your favorite foot cream or petroleum jelly, a pair of socks before bed. By the time you wake up your heels will be soft, smooth and moisturized.
2. Cannot achieve sharp winged liner? Try applying tape to the outer edges of your eyes then apply your gel or liquid liner. Once complete, remove the tape to reveal a sharp, crisp line.
3. Want to achieve the matte lipstick trend but you only have hydrating glossy lipsticks? Apply a tiny amount of loose face powder by dabbing it onto your lips on top of your lipstick. This will instantly turn your lipstick matte. Great for an alternative if you not into liquid lipsticks.
4. No time to wash your greasy hair and no dry shampoo on hand? Baby powder does the trick. Apply to the roots and blend in. Works just as well as a dry shampoo and instantly creates volume too.
5. Not sure where to apply your perfume to make it last all day? Behind both earlobes, behind both knees and inner folds of both arms.
6. Extra virgin olive oil can be used for multiple purposes. One being as a make up remover. Apply to dry skin to remove make up, followed by a daily face cleanser. Another reason can be used as a moisturizing hair mask the night before washing your hair. Apply the coconut oil from halfway to the ends of your hair, then tie your hair in a bun and go to bed. Wash your hair as per normal the next day with shampoo and conditioner. The coconut oil provides moisture, helps with split ends and sheen.
7. Nail fungus? Tea tree oil can be applied every night as it contains antiseptic properties.
8. Puffy eyes in the morning? Apply cold spoons the under eye area for at least 5 minutes. This should decrease any puffiness.
9. Ran out of shaving cream and need to shave your legs? Alternatively use your hair conditioner as shaving cream.
10. DIY face masks. Dry skin- 1/4 cup plain yoghurt, 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 medium sized banana. Mix together, apply to the face, leave on for 15 mins and then rinse. Oily skin- 1 tablespoon applesauce, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon sage. Combine, leave on for 10 minutes and rinse.