Getting an ordinary facial now days seems a bit boring in my opinion. Why not opt for better results for your skin with the latest innovations. With modern technology and latest releases, Botox isn’t the only way to have the appearance of younger looking skin. These treatments are not only safe and reliable but a better option for anti aging. I will be discussing quiet a few options and what these treatments entail. I would also recommend any of these treatments as I have personally experienced it. I will however explain in simple terms to understand and not get too technical.
– Chemical Peels. A deeper form of exfoliation to get rid of ‘old’/ dead skin and a new layer of skin is then formed. There are different types of Peels which consist of Superficial, Medium and Deep. Superficial Peels are light but still very affective and treat the Epidermis of the skin. Medium Peels affects and treats to the papillary dermis. Deep Peels go down to the recticular dermis. After cleansing a layer of the appropriate Peel is applied to the face and neck for a couple of minutes and then rinsed and cleansed to neutralize the skin as this affects the skin’s PH level. You may feel tingling, heat sensation, redness may occur and stimulation. Peels help with skin texture, fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, minimizes scarring, acne, uneven skin tone. This treatment can be performed every 2 to 4 weeks for a couple of sessions in a row depending on your skin concerns and recommended time as per your skin specialist. A course is often more likely to be best suited for maximum results.
– IPL Laser. Intense Pulse Light. Exactly what it stands for, using intense light to penetrate the skin and treat skin concerns such as wrinkles, pores, acne, pigmentation, rosacea, scarring, broken capillaries, age spots. This treatment too can be performed in a course of 6 to 8 sessions with 4 to 6 weeks in between each session. Each pulse has a wavelength spectrum of 420nm to 1200nm. The heat basically destroys the targets. IPL or laser can also be used for permanent hair removal on the face and body.
– Micro-needling/ Needling. Tiny needles are inserted/ puncture the skin causing a controlled injury. But trust me you don’t even feel the needles and they so tiny that I barely felt a thing, it’s really not bad at all. This treatment is mainly for collagen induction and skin rejuvenation. This is also done within a course of a couple of treatments with a gap of 4-6 weeks between each session. The results of this after a couple of sessions is absolutely amazing as it really transforms and changes your skin to function better.
– Microdermabrasion. Another form of deep exfoliation. The machine uses a spray of micro crystals to remove a layer of dead skin cells (non-chemical). Great for wrinkles, fine lines, sun damage and scars. Not painful at all and very affective.
– Faradic Facial. A machine used to stimulate the facial muscles to tighten, firm and tone the muscles. It’s honestly the weirdest feeling as your muscles contract involuntary. Faradic has been known for years as I have completed a segment on this at college. It can be treated on the entire body as well.
With all these treatments mentioned and there’s more that I have not mentioned in this post with regards to fancy and innovative masks, products other devices etc. But for this post I wanted to stick to the popular treatments that are most likely to be performed during a facial. I would definitely encourage anyone to have treatments like this performed on them PROFESSIONALLY. Purchasing devices/ machines online and doing it at home won’t equal the same result. What you purchasing online is not the same as what dermatologists, doctors, skin experts etc are using in their practice. Also a trained professional will know the procedure a lot more than you. If anything goes wrong and your skin changes for the worse, you will have to seek professional assistance which will cost a lot more than that penny you tried saving when purchasing online. Also, with these types of treatments it’s not a ‘quick fix,’ one treatment only to get the desired result. With the skin it takes time to experience the benefits and optimal results hence a course of treatments is always recommended and much more beneficial.
What kind of skin treatments have you tried and enjoy?
Thanks for stopping by 😊