I’m not sure why I haven’t done a post about this as this is the most common question people ask. Herewith are suggestions to ensure that your makeup lasts for hours and hours and what products prolong your makeup.
- Apply a primer. Using a primer will ensure an even base for makeup. Some silicone primers are used to fill in your pores, create a smooth surface and provide a matte finish for people with oily or combination skin. Other primers help hydrate the skin and further provide moisturizing properties. Here are some suggestions for oily and combination skin:
For dry to normal skin I would recommend:
- Foundation. Pick foundations that claim to be long wearing but hydrating and that not clog your skin or cause breakouts. The best foundations for a night out or special event I would recommend is:
- Set it all in place. Once you’ve applied a concealer of your choice, make sure to set your concealer and foundation with a setting powder. I would recommend a loose translucent setting powder and applying this to the skin using a damp beauty blender to lock in your concealer and foundation to ensure it does not move or slip and slide all over the place.
Here are some awesome setting powders that will not “cake up “and rather melt into the skin:
- Apply an eye shadow base before your eye shadow to ensure your eyes hadow does not crease or fade. The best I would recommend is:
- If you do get oily throughout the day or night I would recommend a face powder to travel with in your bag or purse. The best to use is:
- Set that face in place! Be sure to set your makeup to ensure it lasts all day or night.
- Wear liquid lipsticks instead of a lip gloss or lipstick as liquid lipsticks lasts for hours.
What are some of your recommendations to ensure your makeup lasts?
Thanks for stopping by:)
(Images from websites)