Thought I’d share some wedding makeup tips for today’s post in case there are some brides to be out there and you have no idea what do in terms of makeup. Often when I’ve done makeup for brides they either have no idea what to go for or they want natural makeup looks. Here are some guide lines I would recommend. P.S. this is your day and in no means am I telling you what to do or how to do your makeup but simply offering a guide line. Rather have no regrets looking back at your wedding photos or videos simply because you wanted to follow a makeup trend.
- Keep the makeup fresh looking and simple in terms of your complexion. Nothing caked on or harsh but rather glowing, fresh and radiant. I would also recommend no defined contour or nothing too structured.
- Keep the eye makeup soft and minimal. I have seen brides going for a black or grey smoky eye and honestly it does look a little bit too harsh and by the end of the night it looked like a racoon mess (sorry to say). A smoky eye can be achieved even on your wedding day but not a black or grey smoky eye in my opinion, softer shades with browns, gold, bronzed and nude warm tones will look more flattering.
- Take care of your skin prior to your wedding! Go for a facial about a week or two prior to your wedding day. And don’t forget to exfoliate and apply a face mask the night before as well.
- Use primers and setting sprays to ensure your makeup lasts all day and night.
- I would definitely urge false lashes, even if you not use to wearing falsies. It will make such a difference in photographs and videos and you’ll only be wearing it for one day:)
- Make sure your bridesmaids or maid of honor carries some lip gloss, lip stick, powder and eyelash glue to touch up your makeup throughout the day and night. That’s if you don’t have a makeup artist staying for the entire wedding.
- I wouldn’t suggest a strong highlighter where it’s seen from space, but a soft glow is more natural and easy on the eye.
- Don’t wear foundations that have a high SPF or powders that cause flashback in pictures. Do a flashback test when purchasing or deciding on a foundation and setting powders.
- Have a ball and quit stressing!!!!! Everything will work out and fall into place on your big day! It goes by so fast so savour every moment and have a blast!!!
Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer. Depending on your skin type, choose a primer accordingly.
L.A. Girl Pro HD Foundation. This contains no SPF, has great coverage, inexpensive, all skin types and is a good dupe for Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation. I mixed a little bit of the NYX Born to glow liquid Illuminator with my foundation to give a radiant appearance.
The Essence Stay all Day Translucent Fixing Powder was used to set my concealer and the Mac Cosmetics Prep and Prime Transparent Finishing Powder was used to set my entire face.
Benefit Hoola Bronzer was used to lightly bronze the parameters of my face and slightly define my nose, else my nose disappears in pictures.
Mac Springsheen goes with so many makeup looks. This has slight shimmers in it but I would also recommend a matte blush.
Essence light up your face Luminizer Palette was used for a slight glow on my cheek bones, above my eyebrows and nose. This is a very subtle highlight and nothing overpowering or blinding.
The Morphe 35W and Tarte Palette (was limited edition) was used to create a brown/ bronzed eye. The second row from the bottom, all 4 shades were used as well as all 4 shades from the last row were used to create this look. I sprayed my brush with some Mac fix+ before applying the shimmer shades on my eyelids to intensify the shades.
I applied Mac Cosmetics Extended Play Gigablack Mascara on my top and bottom lashes. However I would highly recommend a waterproof mascara as most brides do shed tears of joy on their big day.
Mac Cosmetics Prolongwear Concealer is definitely a must as this is long wearing, waterproof and full coverage.
This is totally up to you but I do think nude shades on the lips would be the number one pick for the day. I love pink and peach tones for my nude options but choose according to your complexion and what you most comfortable with.
Mac Cosmetics viva glam (limited edition shade) which is a mauve toned nude was applied first, followed by Mac Cosmetics Lady Be Good Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick and optional is a gloss also by Mac Lipglass in Cultured.
Hope this post helps and let me know if your wedding is coming up, if you attending a wedding soon or just got engaged!
Thanks for stopping by:)