I’ve been wanting to try this foundation and powder for a while now and finally purchased it.
As per the website:
• This skin-enhancing, natural-looking foundation delivers a flawless finish—all day long—as it hydrates
• You get medium coverage that feels weightless and looks like your best skin!
• Feels good with: anti-pollution, antioxidant, and anti-blue-light ingredients to protect your skin
• Feels better without: oils, parabens, phthalates, synthetic dyes, and harsh fragrances
• Available in 31 makeup shades
How to use:
• Use the pump to dispense the amount of our foundation you want onto our Dual Sided Applicator, our Buffing Foundation Brush, or your fingers. (Better to start with less and add more if you need it—the coverage is buildable!)
• Blend onto skin, working from the center of your face outward
• For the best results, finish with PhotoReady Candid™ Anti-Pollution Setting Powder
I purchased mine at Foschini. RSP at R129,95.
I love the packaging of this foundation as it is travel friendly (in a tube) and contains a pump.
There were once again a few shades in store to chose from as appose to the 31 wonderful selection shade range as advertised online. I chose the shade 400 Macadamia which is described as a medium/ deep with warm, golden-beige undertones. I’m not sure why there’s less product in this foundation than a standard foundation. It contains 25ml while most contain 30ml.
The consistency is very creamy and I used about 2 pumps for my entire face using a damp beauty sponge. This blends into my skin quickly and effortlessly with medium coverage. It appeared to have a natural, dewy skin-like finish which is what I personally love in a foundation.
What drew me in about this line is the fact that it’s an anti pollution line with no harsh ingredients. Not only is the focus on just makeup, but it contains benefits for the skin.
The dewy appearance does tone down slightly once powder is applied but my skin still appeared fresh looking. It does not feel heavy on my skin nor does it feel tacky or sticky. It sets into the skin very well and does not settle into my fine lines and smile lines which is one of my biggest concerns.
I wore this throughout the day and at the end of the day my skin still managed to stay in place, it did not move, slip and slide or break apart. I think using the corresponding setting powder definitely is a very good combination as it coincided very well together.
I would recommend this for all skin types but if you are oily, I would suggest carrying a powder with you for on-the-go touch ups.
Also, this isn’t a full coverage 24 hour extremely long lasting foundation. It’s great for day time or if you wanting to achieve a medium breathable coverage especially if you going from one place to another during the day. I would suggest using it day to day to achieve the benefits of this foundation and see results. But personally I wouldn’t use it at night for a full glam look.
As per the website:
• Our lightweight, ultra-fine loose setting powder evens out your skin tone and sets makeup while it protects
• Feels good with: antioxidants and anti-pollution ingredients, to help fight aging
• Feels better without: parabens, phthalates, synthetic dyes, and harsh fragrances
• Won’t turn chalky or white on you
• Built-in sifter minimizes mess
• Available in 3 shades (the powder’s still translucent, with just a hint of tint)
How to use:
• Twist off the lid and open the pull tab, then shake gently
• Dip our fluffy, supersoft, vegan Powder Brush into the loose setting powder and dust over your face with a buffing motion
• Reapply as needed throughout the day to reduce shine
I love how convenient this packaging is. The pull tab ensures that it does not create a mess.
I chose the second shade 002 which I assumed would suit my skin tone. After applying foundation and concealer I usually like to apply loose powder underneath my eyes with my beauty sponge. Unfortunately the second (medium) shade was too dark to be applied underneath my eyes to set my under eye concealer. I then switched to a large powder brush and dusted the powder all over face. Using a brush to lightly set my entire face and then going over my under eyes once more saved the day. This then suited my complexion and melted into my skin.
The consistency is very lightweight of this powder. I actually assumed it would be a thicker formula or consistency when I swatched it in store and just by looking at the powder. It’s actually not thick at all, it’s thin and melts into the skin effortlessly without spending a lot of time trying to work it into the skin or buff it in immensely.
I do have dry skin therefore I didn’t need to touch up throughout the day. I only applied this in the morning and my makeup remained set throughout the day. If you have oily skin I would recommend carrying this powder with you to touch up.
I had no problems with this powder, however I would need to pick up the lighter shade incase I want to use this powder to bake with. But for now using it with a large powder brush to set my entire face works just fine therefore I’m happy using it that way.
Contains 15g of product. RSP R129,95.
Have you tried any products from this line? What are your thoughts?
Thanks for stopping by 😊